Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Tuesday, July 12, 2005

X-Fire is Cool!! And Stuff

I just found out about this neat little Xfire thing!! You can see my little signature information from it at the bottom of my blog! It's pretty snappy! How I wish I could have had that for Pat while he was still playing WoW! LOL!

Of course, there's also this piece of engineering excellence!

Das Keyboard is an enhanced 104-key USB PC keyboard equiped with 100% blank keys mounted on precision and individually weighted key switches.
That's right! No labels on the keys! WOO! I'm giving it to Tawnia for her birthday! *snickers*

M&M's has this cool idea about customized M&M's!! It's actually not that expensive, though you can't fit many characters onto the candies. It's pretty neat.


For those who don't know, I'm a part-time electronics associate, part-time support manager for Wal-Mart. It's a fun job, although it can be stressful, very physical, and emotionally draining, it's nice to work with the great group of people I have on my closing team. My shifts are either 1pm-10pm as support or 2pm-11pm in electronics. I took a very minor raise, and much worse shifts when I became support, though at the time, I was seriously thinking of quitting.

That thought, has again, begun manifesting itself. It's not that I don't love my job...it's just that the future that I see there isn't what I want.

Assistant managers at Wal-Mart are consumed by their work. They have to be. You're always on call, you work incredible hours, which, when figured salary vs hourly just isn't worth it. Overnight shifts can be assigned for up to two years....TWO YEARS! I start preparing my resume tomorrow. I can only ask that my friends from work who read my blog will be discreet with this news, as things may change, and Pat and I may decide I should stay with Wal-Mart afterall.

It will be a big change. I've worked my way through three years and a supervisor who I'd like to commit atrcious violence against, to a point where I'm actually enjoying my work, and not making bad money. But I've never been able to just work and be happy without striving for something else. I don't see myself being happy with working the same department for 12 years (like many of the people here have done). Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! I'll miss you, but good luck!!!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Tovin said...

pfft miss me! You have my phone number!! :o Besides, who knows how long it will take me to find a new job, plus, there's no where else in town to shop! *hugs*

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home