Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Monday, August 01, 2005

Everything falls apart, then I get to try to put it back together

Wow, what a few weeks it's been! Let's start out with some rants shall we?First off: People who use words entirely to often, and in such a way as to make me want to kill them! YAY!

I'm working in electronics this past week, Tawnia wasn't feeling well and went home early. A group of 3 young men, between the ages of 17 and 20 walk into the department and proceed to walk past every aisle of merchandise. While doing so, they comment to each other on interesting looking items using the following remarks! "Dude, sick, look at this!", "How sick is this!", "So sick! I can't believe this!"
At this point, I'm pretty much wanting to chuck whatever is on my risers (the area over the shelves of merchandise people normally buy from, that holds our overstock) at them! I decided that looking for another job was to much trouble, so I refrained. I'm very proud of myself!

Next topic: Changing jobs!

Pat and I have been having a rough time. We work such different schedules that we never see each other! My job demands a great deal of my energy and attention, and I hate that. I'd rather be giving my attention to Pat, and the house. But by the time I get home, I'm often too exhausted to even get myself food, regardless of how starving I may be.
Pat and I decided that I should look for another job! However, no one in town is currently hiring so it could be a long process.

We've spent the last 6 months barely seeing each other, he goes to work and I get up, and I come home and it's time for bed. Meal times are non-existant, there's no time for talking and catching up before bed because I get home so late. There's a managers meeting Tuesday, where the fate of several of us in the store will be decided. Weekends off won't happen, but even a non-closing shift every now and then would be nice. I feel badly. Others in my store are in the same boat, but they don't have a choice. They'd never be able to leave simply because a schedule doesn't suit them, and here I am, complaining not that I don't have enough money to live on, but because I don't get a schedule that I like. It just seems wrong!

There's a bunch more I could write, but honestly, Pat and I are going to watch Hell's Kitchen Finale tonight. So onto the interesting news!

Taxidermy Cat on Ebay - Gross!! That's all I have to say!

Harry Potter Stuff - The book was interesting. Good writing, but the story was weak compared to the other books. The book will make a horrible movie as it seems to be merely setting the story for the last book. I wasn't impressed. Bought the book at the midnight sale, finished it less then 36 hours later. blah!

US Gets Angry..London...? - Interesting read. I remember the feel of the US after Sept 11th. We were angry, furious, ready to fight! London, just kinda goes back to the way things were. I wonder if it's their experience with the Irish Repulic Army attacks that makes it more easily taken? I thought it was interesting.

There's so much going on and so little time to deal with it all. I'm trying to do nothing more then just make it through the next month without an emotional outburst that Pat doesn't deserve. I feel like I'm fighting for survival at a store where I should be secure in my position, and in my capabilities. But I'm not. Our management team is a mess, my people are being pushed to hard, to often, with no help or appreciation, and it's draining. I give myself a month to find another position within Wal-Mart. I won't make it as support, working the same hours I am right now, much longer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I knew things were bas at Wal-Mart, but I guess I was hoping it wasn't that bad. How did the meeting go today? I won't ask any more than that since I work there and it would probably be unethical for you to tell me too much. I hope things are ok and that you are able to find what you are looking for, even if that means you have a different shift and I never see you anymore. Have a wonderful day, and know that you are well loved!

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home