Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Saturday, October 01, 2005

Happy Birthday MariLu!!!!!

    I'd like to start out today, by thanking my honey for doing the blog re-work. I can't figure out HTML to save my life, and he was a sweetie and spent long hours working with me to get it right. He rocks, and I love him!!

    Happy Birthday to MariLu! Sorry I didn't call.....I'm really bad about stuff like that. If it makes you feel any better I rarely remember to call my own parents on their birthdays. HI MOM AND DAD.....ha ha....h...a.....Sorry! :(


    Today starts the Relay for Life in Ridgecrest. This is the first time I've really been involved in anything like this, and it's a little overwhelming. I'd like to remind you all of my previous post in June. Get tested everyone!! Ladies, Mammograms can and WILL save your life. Guys, colon and heart tests are a must!!! The survival rate once you've been screened is so high, it's really sad that so many people died even 10 years ago, from this stuff. (I miss my Aunt Becky, almost every day.....)

I'll be walking today after work. Someone from the team has to be on the field at all times, during the weekend long event, and I don't think I can handle that many people all at once. For some reason, it's really hard to deal with.


    Pat has found this webnote thing, that he is just so excited about, I can't begin to tell you. I guess it's cool. I don't really see future functionality of it like Pat does...but I guess that's why he went to school and I'm working at Wal-Mart! ;o


    I've just finished reading Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia. It's not particularly well written, but it tells a story that should be read by all women in America, if only to understand what other cultures go through.

The history of the Saudi culture is outlined in detail, as well as the reasoning behind their beliefs and relgion, culture and consequences. It was definitely a good read, and one I'd recommend to any teenager whining about their parents not letting them do anything! :o


    Gonna try to convince Pat to see that new History of Violence movie. Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris together? WOO! Looks like a really good movie, with a darker story about the depths of violence that can overtake people.

We saw Stepford Wives last night, and BOY was it cool! I love Glen Close, and Mr. Creepy himself, Christopher Walken. Brodderick is yucky, as always, and Kidman is the same. They suck! But it was a great movie, great ending, and Bette Midler and Jon Lovitz were funny!!!


    Today's fun links!

Anyway, I've made a committment to write in my blog WAY more often! Right now, I'm aiming for every day, but I know me, and I know that won't happen. So, going back to work today! Tooth feels way better, and I can talk without it hurting or ripping my gums! WOO! Have a good weekend all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home