Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Happy Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe!

Well, it's time for a personal update!



Pat and I have made reservations for the Ramada Express for our January trip. Pat's birthday is January 19th, and he'll be the big ol' 25! WHEW! He's gettin' OLD! hee hee

In all seriousness, we're leaving January 19th, and will return Sunday the 22nd. It will be our first trip out of town (other then for my Bankruptcy hearing) in many a day, and I am so looking forward to it. A chance to hang out with Pat, and Steven, a chance to get out of town, celebrate the end of the Christmas season, and just relax. WOO!

The wedding date is set as April 29th, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our families will be invited, as well as extended families, Adrian, Steven, John, Lisa, and all the Little Weezies. We're giving out invitations to a few others here in town as keepsakes, but we're trying to keep it as small as possible. I haven't decided on colors for my dress (probably going David's Bridal bridesmaid dress), flowers, etc etc.

Wedding is at 2:30pm, we'll run out on the town and take pictures of the families together, and then head to The Cheesecake Factory for yummies! MMMMMMM YUMMIES! Anyway, that's all the plans for now. Invitations should go out before Pat's birthday. If I missed you, and you wanted one for keepsakes (if you're not listed, you're not coming, sorry), just email me and I'll make sure you get one.

In other life news, Sylvene has left The Stratics Network for good. I can't explain to you guys how this saddens me. Sylvene took me onto the EQ2 team and empowered me to be involved in an MMO community in a way that I've never been before, and those that know me know I've always been involved. She's a sweet woman, with a great sense of humor, and a wonderful work ethic. She looks out for the companies she's working with, she's trustworthy and looks out for those under her. Miss Syl, whatever you move on to do, I am honored to call you a friend. Thank you for the wonderful training in Newspro, game developer etiquette, and "The biz" of covering games for the good of them, and fan sites. Thank you for the great time I had at the SOE Fan Faire, for allowing me to cover it with you, and for being such a nice, nice person!!!! While I know we'll keep in touch, be ready for lots of advice needing! I'm still new at all this "copy" stuff! *grins*




There's this new S.P.C.A. commercial talking about animal cruelty and how you can help with a monthly gift and save the animals, yada, yada, yada. Let me tell you, if you care about your pets, and animal cruelty: Spay and Neuter!!! I hate to sound like Bob Barker, especially since I'm 27, and he's...well, old! But come on. I've put to sleep too many animals in my short (but much missed) animal control. Nothing is more emotionally draining then taking a life simply because someone was lazy or cheap. Can't afford to fix your pet, get a stuffed animal. :) And the S.P.C.A. should stop inundating me with stupid commercials when my money could go to Katrina relief, St. Judes, and lots of other cool things. It's like commercials telling me that my welfare contributions are appreciated. Please!

Anyway, day off yesterday and I got to go have lunch with Pat on base with the rest of the DPSS crew and their families. Paper airplane fights and cookies ensued, and a good time was had by all 'til a paper airplane hit me just under my eye. Then Pat and I headed for his office to stare at Slashdot until Pat took me home an hour later. It was a blast! I learned I'm not as bad at darts as I thought I might be after years of not playing. It's always fun to hang out with Pat's cohorts, and their families. Everyone gets along well, which is so, so nice!

Day off today, I've done some EQ2 Stratics updating, and some Age of Empire playing. Tonight, DAoC with Steven, and hopefully level 50! WOO! Off to go do laundry and bathroom cleaning! Remember, if you need me and I'm not responding to my internet messaging systems, it's cause I left them on and went to work! I do that sometimes.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Sheep Killing Day, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, Hanukkah, Santa Lucia Day, Saint Nicholas Day, Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and Omisoka! May everyone feel peaceful and harmonious or so help me, I'll beat you down with a Staff of Mightyness! Gosh darn it! BE HAPPY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home