Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Friday, June 02, 2006

I Got The Job! And Idiot Ridgecrest Consumers...

Well, I turned in my two weeks notice at Wal-Mart yesterday. It was bittersweet. On the one hand, I sometimes (ONLY sometimes), really hated dumb people. Both customers and associates. Mostly customers. Wednesday night I had some chick ask very nicely (and I appreciated it) that I store it properly. It was a thousand dollar LCD T.V. I could understand her concern. I told her I'd be careful with it and make sure it was taken care of. Then she proceeded to look at the box and tell me which way was up. Now contrary to customer belief, I can read. I tried not to take it personally, it kinda failed, but again, a grand is a lot of money.

When she wrote on the box "up" with an arrow pointing towards the top, in case I couldn't see the arrows printed on the box, I got pissed. Then she found the top and wrote "top" and circled it a bunch of times. Lady, I may work at Wal-Mart but I'm not a freaking retard. Her husband looked really apologetic and told her "(insert wife's name here), I think that's enough". The lady didn't even look halfway sorry. I swear to everything good if I hadn't been on the clock I would have given her a VERY loud and possibly violent piece of my mind.

Do people really feel it's necessary to treat others like that? Does it give you a kick to know I can't do anything about it, so you treat me like that? Well guess what...you'd better PRAY I don't come to your business and catch you there. The associates at Wal-Mart are customers as well...and we remember which repair shop owners are %$)%&*()$# jerks. We WILL not be visiting your place of business. Thank you.

ANYWAY! Sorry to rant...she REALLY offended me!!!! uhm, yeah. On the other hand, for the most part, I work with some really great people who work hard and do their best, get no recognition and get harassed by customers (see above) every day. I will miss all of my closers. I will miss the family that I have gained since moving here to Ridgecrest.

I am excited about the chance to do something I've always wanted to do, however. The challenge of learning something new, and of making a difference somewhere, where hopefully, I will be more appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home