Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Wal-Mart No More

Well, Sunday was my last day at Wal-Mart. It was heartbreaking to leave. I will miss so much everyone who I've worked with over the last three years at this store. This time around, my career at Wal-Mart lasted four years.

Tawnia set up a fantastic party for my last day. More people than I could have ever expected came. And there was more food than I ever thought we'd see.There are so many people I would like to thank that I can't begin to name them off for fear that I would miss someone. But there are some that I must name. If your name is not here. Please know that I still loved working with you and I only wish that I could have been closer to you......

(a day later)

I started writing out a personal thank you to everyone who's meant so much to me. After 3 pages of typing, and a box of kleenex later (I forgot to buy puffs!), I decided to just move on.I will write thank you cards and notes as I get to them, but since the ones from the wedding are still sitting on my desk......it'll be a while. :)

I just wanted to thank you all.

Especially though, I want to thank Pat.

I worked 7 days in a row, one day off, another 7 days working, one day off and yet another 7 days working. He put up with me.

Working overnights, he put up with me.

Laundry not getting done, bathrooms not getting done, can't walk when you get home because your feet hurt. He was patient through it all.

Being treated like I was a child and coming home in tears. Encouraging me to get up and deal with it instead of laying in bed crying that I didn't want to go to work. Being asaulted (If that old man ever throws anything at me again, he will be dead, I swear it.), being threatened to be assaulted.....

Pat has been there, done that.

He's watched me walk through the store on a day off and talk to everyone (customers even, cause apparently if I'm not wearing a vest and a name tag I'm still at their mercy), and he patiently sighed and waited while I caught up with what was going on in the lives of those I worked with.

I love you my dear sweet husband, for your support and your encouragement.

YOU are the reason I am so excited for this new step in our lives.Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home