Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Monday, August 07, 2006

Relay for Life

I posted this on a few gaming forums I'm a part of, and wanted to share it with you. I'll be posting more details here, since most of you guys are more personal friends.

It's time for the soapbox! =)
Relay for Life is a cancer walk done every year, across the nation, different dates and locations. The time for our local walk is upon us! While I'm not above asking for money ( My Page!!! ) it's not the reason for this post.

=)

Having had a personal experience with cancer, I can't stress enough how important it is to be aware. It affects you forever. And the earlier you're made aware of it, and can decide how to deal with such an intensely personal issue, the more choices you have.

If you know ANYONE, male or female, who hasn't been checked out, harass them about it. Even if it means loosing their friendship. It could mean a life.

If you haven't been checked out, WTF!!!! Get to a dr! Can't afford it, contact your local American Cancer Society or (email me for the various other country societies :p) and they will help you. Can't, or don't want to go alone, or just don't feel like it. Drop me a line. Please.

=)


Those who are involved in legislation, research, or who donate, volunteer, and walk for awareness, and cures, thank you. Those who push others into getting checked out early, and often. You're the heros. Those who've struggled with cancer in the past, or who are dealing with it now. Stay strong. You're loved. *hugs*


Sorry for the soapbox, again. It's worth it though. Trust me.


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home