Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Sunday, October 29, 2006

Stupid Colts

I never thought there'd be a downside to marrying someone that loves football as much as I do. Today, I was proven wrong! Having my team being beat by his team as we both watch is about the most horrible thing to do.

We both (mostly) stayed away from taunting each other, and we both high fived when each team scored, even though it sang the death knell for the other. I feel I lost well, as I watched stupid Viniteri kick a field goal with 2 seconds left to bring the Colts up by 3 against my beloved Bronc's. I sat on the couch and whimpered into Pat's shoulder as my team lost, and he held me tight and didn't even cheer or taunt even a little. That is being married to a great guy, let me tell you!


In other football news, the Raiders won, and it's a sad day here in football land. Even worse, they beat last years Super Bowl champs, that the Bronco's play next week. Sad, sad, day. Stupid Raiders.


Friday I lost another pound. That makes 7 so far. It's kinda slow going, cause I've gotten into the habit of eating to much, and not working out anymore. But it's going down, which is the right way! And I'm excited!!!!

I don't know if we're going to be able to do the Alaska cruise. I really want to, but it just doesn't look like things are going to work out, but I'm trying!!!!


I am sitting here listening to KC and the Sunshine Band sing "Get Down Tonight" (now, BareNaked Ladies "One Week") as Pat winterizes our swamp cooler. Summer days are gone, and fall has almost left us here in the desert. It's time for freezing cold nights and early mornings followed by winds of 45-66 miles per hour almost daily. Yay. It won't be that bad, and hopefully, it will snow in Tennessee for Christmas! I wonder how likely that is. Might have to do some research tonight and find out!!

I'm making Pat a super yummy meal that he adores tonight! I figured I'd share the recipe with you guys!! It's super easy prep, and pretty easy clean up, and takes 20-25 minutes to cook, with like 10-15 minutes prepping. Enjoy!



1 lb ground beef

1 cup marinara sauce (We use low sugar, for me)

1 package sliced mushrooms (We like mushrooms!!)

1 cup ricotta cheese

1 egg -- beaten

1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese -- mixed use

1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning

Nonstick cooking spray

20 pepperoni slices -- (20 to 25)


Preheat the oven to 350°F

Brown the ground beef in a frying pan; drain off the oil.

Add the spaghetti sauce and mushrooms, and simmer 10 minutes. Add beef back in.

In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, egg, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and Italian seasoning. (Pat does this part!)

Beat well with a fork.

Grease an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Spread the beef mixture in the bottom of the dish.

Spread the ricotta mixture on top of the beef mixture.

Lay half the pepperoni slices on top of the ricotta mixture.

Put remaining 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella over the pepperoni slices, and lay the remaining pepperoni on top of the cheese.

Bake until bubbly about 20 minutes.

It's super yummy. We eat it with those frozen bags of cauliflower and broccoli that you microwave to steam. They're quick, and cauliflower and broccoli are a MESS to prepare!!! I never claimed to be a Betty Homemaker!

Here's the approximate nutritional info:

791 Calories; 63g Fat (72.4% calories from fat); 44g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 234mg Cholesterol; 1258mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 9 Fat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home