Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Friday, August 03, 2007

My House! In the Middle of the....Desert!

So November will bring our 2nd year in this house. July brought our 4th year in Ridgecrest!

It's been 4 years already! WOW!

It's funny. The problems I thought Pat and I would have in our relationship, we haven't had. The problems we have are first of all, very easily talked through and worked out. Except this one!

I want to travel! Spend money! See things! It doesn't have to be abroad. I'd love to see all the aquariums in California. Maybe Seattle and San Francisco. A winery in Temecula. Disneyland (ALWAYS) and Walt Disney World (every 3-4 years!). Denver and Colorado Springs! Maybe a weekend at Red Feather Lakes in Colorado where we used to go.

Cancun! We could do Chichen Itza, Tulum & Xel-Ha and Xcaret! I'm always up for San Diego! The Chula Vista Nature Center, the Old Globe, Reuben H Fleet Center and any miriad of beaches!

Of course, there's lots to do in Vegas! The Ethel M Chocolate Factory is always fun! And any Cirque du Soleil show! Anything on the strip. I'd be happy with a walk through the Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens and sitting outside for every water show in the evening! I want to eat at Picasso's once in my life!

I'd like to visit Nashville and Dollywood! Who wouldn't want a chance to see the Grand Ol' Opry?!

I'll tell you who! My stick in the mud husband, Pat. Now, I love the man with all my heart! And the ongoing disagreement isn't normally something we fight over. It's not something we're fighting over now. But it can lead to disagreements neither of us thought we'd ever have.

If we go out of town for a day, say to Lancaster, about an hour and a half away, the man needs 2 days to recover! When we went to Disneyland, he got sick the day we got back. We went to Jeremy's wedding, and he had some sort of viral eye thing goin' on. It's like he's allergic to doing things.

Now, I realize, I'm a little gun-ho on the doing stuffs! I'd be gone every weekend if I could. But he's a little ridiculous!

I want to one Saturday (or better yet, Flex Friday!) wakeup at 4am, tell him I'm going to Disneyland, ask him if he wants to come and then put a camera on him. So when he wakes up at 10am and calls me at 11am to see if I want to do lunch (cause he'll think I'm at work) I can see the look of shock on his face that I wasn't kidding.

But he'd be pretty pissed. So I can't really do that. I don't think he completely understands that I WOULD do it, too. And now that I have a car, and I CAN do it....I think he's a little scared.

But it's not my money, like it used to be. I used to get up in the AM and go to Sea World and then spend the afternoon at the Zoo. Of course, living in San Diego and having annual passes to all these places helped, but still!

I can no longer decide, on my own, where entertainment money goes to. It is ours as a couple to decide. And that kills me!!! I know it shouldn't, but it does. Because Pat's idea of entertainment money is playing computer games and DirecTV. Other then that....he only spends what he has to in order to shut me up. We go to movies every now and then. We rent them sometimes as well. But I have to throw a fit to get my own damned soda! :p And no popcorn! (Nothing to do with money, simply our diet!) =)

Pat does want to cruise! But he doesn't know where, and he doesn't know when. It's infuriating. And of course all I do is talk about going places, which completely frustrates and annoys him. And the worst part is, I really can't stop. I've tried. But truly, there is nothing else to do in town but play computer games. And I can only take so much.

He, at least, has friends he can play with. I'm forced to solo and try to start making new friends, which is very hard to do. So I'm a little frustrated with him at that. He has people at work he can talk to about his passion of gaming. And while I work at a travel agency, everyone around me gets to travel while I stay home and do nothing. It's so very maddening.

Hopefully, soon, he and I will be able to go do something without him worrying about money and without me worrying about everything else! But this week.....DISNEYLAND!!! WOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home