Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Friday, August 03, 2007

News of the Day!

Russia is stupid!
Russia has laid claim to the seafloor at the North Pole, planting its national flag underwater in the hopes of securing the Arctic's potential motherlode of natural resources.

*rolls her eyes* I'm gonna plant a "Little Bee Land" flag outside my door, and hope that when I start breaking laws in my house, others don't notice and dispute my claim. Cause I'd have to bring out the Hammer of Pain! =)

Michael Vick is more stupid! But Hooray! My most hated QB in the league...oki, second hated (I am SO tired of hearing about Tony Romo!!!) won't be playing for part of the season! But the accusations are most serious! And the article does a great job of breaking it down!
But there is no obligation by the corporate world to stick with him, even if his toadies and sycophants choose to remain loyal. If Rawlings and Nike, Reebok and Upper Deck have joined the National Football League in putting him and his damaged image at arm’s length, this too is part of the American way. Money can buy you a lot of things in this country, including a damned good defense (which after reading the indictment, he’s really going to need one). But it can’t insulate you from the wrath of an angered public. And right now, everyone in the real world can understand why no one in Corporate America wants to have Michael Vick’s toxic image attached to its products.

The presumption of innocence does not extend to the world of print ads and TV spots. It stops at the courtroom steps, and if he didn’t know it before, Vick surely knows that now.

Well said! The whole article is awesome! I don't consider myself an advocate of much, but cruelty against beings that have no recourse is despicable. I don't know if he's guilty or innocent yet. I haven't heard the evidence. Either way, I hope justice is done. And I hope that the Falcons do FANTASTICALLY well so people will stop attributing whatever success they may have to a no talent, overpaid, hack! =)




There are lots of rumors on the technology front regarding Google, phones, and mobile internet access. So to the horrible, HORRIBLE world that is cell phone service I say : "LET THEM IN DAMN IT!! I AS A CONSUMER DEMAND IT!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE WILL OFFER ME SOMETHING WORTH THE MONEY YOU CHARGE ME!!!!!!"

Whew. Almost added a few 111eleven!one!!11!zomg!!'s in there, but I think that'll do. zomg should be saved for very serious situations, ya know?

Anyway. In a country where free market rules, and regulatory statutes and lobbyists prove that our system sucks, I am looking forward to singlehandedly pushing the big guys (T-mobile, sprint, AT&T, Cingular (who is now AT&T I think), Verizon...etc.,) to give me something worth my money! Move the internet into a new world. Don't capitalize on crappy products that are sleek but don't work (crazor, razor) and don't give me something where my software plan MUST be made with a single company (freakin' Iphone!).

Give me choices! Let the market decide who lives and who dies! Cause I doubt many of them would last more then 5 years after some true hard hitting, consumer choices become available!

LONG LIVE GOOGLE! Until a better company comes out, that is. I give Google another good 5 years at least! *dances*

I'm not gonna spellcheck this post. I'm being lazy. You'll live. Tawnia will find all my mistakes and harass me about them, so don't worry.

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home