Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pikko

So I work with this chick who's an amazingly talented artist with food, and she's mostly always upbeat and happy, and she's a joy to work with.

Which is shocking, because when I first started working there I was scared to death of her. (Sorry Pikko, you're kinda scary, and you thought I was there to step on your toes - more scary!)

Anyway, she has this AWESOME website that you should all check out, it's Adventures in Bento Making. It took me a long time to figure out what the hell (shocking how scary it is for me to type like I talk...there was a word a lot worse then hell there!) a bento was.

From Wikipedia:

Bentō is a single-portion takeout or home-packed meal common in Japanese cuisine. A traditional bento consists of rice, fish or meat, and one or more pickled or cooked vegetables as a side dish. Containers range from disposable mass produced to hand crafted lacquerware. Although bento are easily available in many places throughout Japan, including convenience stores, bento shops (弁当屋, bentō-ya?), train stations, and department stores, it is still common for Japanese homemakers to spend considerable time and energy producing an appealing boxed lunch.


Anyway, check her out, visit her site often - she's so close to an incredible amount of users, and she deserves to be supported.

On the other hand, she's forsaking HKO which is a sin I won't soon forgive her for!

BAD PIKKO!! BAD!

Anyway....yeah.

GO PIKKO GO!

[Edit: Oh yeah! She lives in Hawaii so she's a major U of H fan (if you dunno what that is, get the HELL of my blog!), so she's SUPER cool. She was the one that linked me to this blog post. AND! (ha ha), she's crazy. So yeah. Don't mind the crazy words that describe Japanese/Hawaiian cuisine (read=dead fish). ;p]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home