Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Monday, October 27, 2008

The Journey

Many of you know that up until a month ago, Pat and I have called the cops on our neighbors about 6 times over the last 2 years. Always due to their damn barking dog at 5:45 in the morning.

To be fair, it is anytime between 5:30 and 6:30 and it lasts until 8 or 9.

Over the last 30 days we've called the police at least 6 more times simply because we couldn't sleep.

Actually, it was deeper. I haven't been sleeping well at all due to my tooth. So after being up between 3am and 5 and then being woken up 30 minutes later with a noise that starts the throbbing back....well, ya just want violence to ensue.

Anyway! Apparently our neighbors have finally gotten the point. The dogs were quiet Friday. So here it is Monday morning at 4:45 and I'm waiting for my pain pills to kick in. Scared that they'll start barking any moment!

Hold that thought!

Last night I took puppy out to play for a few minutes, and they were out in their yard with their dogs being all loud and sounding half drunk (they always do).

They made comments to their dog, who started getting excited about puppy being out like:

  • No! NO! You're not allowed to bark! You're not allowed to be a dog.

  • Stop that! That doggie's not allowed to have friends!

  • Their dog NEVER BARKS (followed by random cussing), so God forbid you should!

It went on for a little bit, and I laughed out loud mostly for their benefit and also because....well, it was funny.

But we came in right after because I didn't feel it was right to antagonize them, and because....well, I was getting close to talking to my dog out loud, and the things I would have said would have goaded one of them into doing something I'd regret.

Back to the previous thought.....
It's now 4:55, and I hope that anti-bark thing Pat and I bought at Wal-Mart starts when they put their wretched dogs outside in a few moments.

My pain pills will kick in after another 30 minutes or so, and then I could really use some sleep.

:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home