Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th - 8 Years Later

Sept. 11th is always a crummy day for me. Not only because I take the attacks and subsequent aftermath very much to heart, but because so many people seem to be so blasé about it. "Oh, yeah. September 11th. Okay."

I don't take that well.

One of my bosses sent out pictures of the 9/11 disaster and I studiously avoided looking, knowing I'd cry hysterically for the entire rest of the day. I got up to time stamp incoming documents, and the time was 9:11. I think I'll spend the rest of the day almost in tears.

Not going to lunch with Pat, as he's heading to the new Pizza Factory in town with his co-workers and an extended lunch is not allowed for us peons!

Going bowling after work, and will probably have a few drinks after (they don't serve hard liquor at the lanes we go to - and I don't drink beer). Have a lot to do this weekend to prep for next weekend's camping trip.

On a side note, Disney just released their 2011 cruise schedule including Alaska and the Mexican Riviera. I'm 100% sure I won't be going on these cruises, and looking at them just made me sad.

Gonna be a hell of a long day, but not sure what I expected from a Sept. 11th.

To all those in service, support, and in memory of all those lost to us forever - I remember.

Always.

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home