Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Saturday, December 26, 2009

5th Anniversary Trip Plans? *Panic*

Those who know me understand that travel is a passion I've had since I was little. It's a shocking passion though, considering I've never really gone anywhere or done anything.

The few places I have gone have been incredible experiences that I cherish greatly.

Knowing these things, it comes as a great shock to those who know me, that I rarely actually go places. Oh, I plan like a mad woman! I have itineraries, budgets, know what I would do there, check flight prices regularly to see when it is cheapest to go, know what to pack should I ever visit....and yet, I never really travel.

I have tried to do trips for our anniversaries that are fun and allow Pat and I to spend time together doing stuff we both enjoy.

For our honeymoon we took a Royal Caribbean 4 day cruise on the Monarch of the Seas. We left from the San Pedro port and went to Catalina and Ensenada. We had a BLAST!

On our first anniversary we went to Disneyland. I had won a Disneyland vacation from a Signature Travel. I wanted to stay in a "Classic Disney" hotel, so I chose the Disney hotel, a quintessential Disney stay, right? Wrong!

We should have stayed at the Grand Californian in all its splendor. But we had a free stay, free parking, and free tickets and boy did we have fun!!! Pat had never been to Disneyland before, so it was especially fun for me to show him around what I consider to be my second home.

For our second anniversary we took a cruise on Princess with John and Lisa. We left from San Pedro and visited Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, and Mazatlan. It was, again, a totally awesome trip! While we had fun, we'll most likely not go on Princess again for a while. Service and food was great, but entertainment and general events were not our style.

For our third anniversary we went to the San Diego Zoo. It was a quick weekend trip, but we took a ton of pictures, had yummy food, and got to go to one of the most amazing animal experiences in the United States.

Our 4th anniversary is coming up in April, 2010. Since we had to move our January cruise (for Pat's birthday) to April, we'll be celebrating with John and Lisa on a Carnival cruise on the beautiful Splendor, a ship leaving from the Long Beach port.

We'll be hitting the same ports as last time, and going within 3 weeks of the time we went last, but I'm looking forward to trying out a new cruise line and doing new things in port.

But the main problem I'm having is our 5th anniversary. I would like to plan something really amazingly awesome. The issue? I have so many trips planned, I have no idea what I really want to do. And Pat's not really much of a traveler, or a celebrator....

Honestly, he'd be good with going to McDonalds to celebrate our anniversary. Which is not going to happen - well, it COULD happen but it'd have to be a McDonalds in Hawaii, or the Bahamas or something.

I keep thinking I want to take a Disney cruise, or an alaskan cruise in a balcony cabin. Or maybe a stay at an all inclusive in Tulum, Mexico or Negril, Jamaica. Perhaps a week long stay in DC doing the tourist thing (I've never been). You know! Visiting the museums, the Library of congress, the White House....AH! The history! I'd have to do the Arlington Cemetary, Gettysburg, the Holocaust museum, the monuments...Pat would be bored freakin' stiff. So, perhaps something else?

I need to figure out soon what we're doing, so I can start saving, budgeting, planning....You know, the fun stuff! Plus, regardless of what we do, I have to talk Pat into doing it and that's the hardest part!!

Any ideas?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home