Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Monday, May 10, 2010

Rivendell! (Or...HOME!)

Gilthoniel! O Elbereth!
Clear are thy eyes and bright thy breath!
Snow-white! Snow-white! We sing to thee
In a far land beyond the Sea.

What beauty! What a heart racing run from the Fords of Bruinen to the gates of Imladris! The level 37 and 38 bears and insects were enough to keep me constantly aware, and the run was a great experience in trying not to die in a world I had never encountered before.

I've been intrigued by this fantasy land of healing and elves since my dad first read these books to me and made me truly enamored of Middle Earth.

The reward was worth it! Amyra was beyond stunned, and I was nearly in rapture. Yes, I'm a geek, get over it.



OH! IT GETS BETTER!!! The last Homely House does not disappoint.



There is a certain expectation when one encounters a classic entity one has grown up with, built up in their minds. I have never been so happy to play an MMO in my life, and if you know my experiences with MMOs, you understand that it was near orgasmic!



The inside was nearly as breathtaking as the outside!! Of course, Tawnia was here listening to me go crazy over this stuff, and she thinks I'm a total freak.



And then, there! In the distance! Is that who I think it is! SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!





Of course, this isn't his story anymore, though his spirit is felt throughout. So I wander the house, after taking his riddle game quest. Wandering through the home of Elrond I find more to make me both squee and jump about!






I was running around in game, while yelling out load OMG! IT'S GLORFINDEL!! OMG!!!!!!!!! ELROND!!!! HOLY COW!!!!!!! IT'S THE FELLOWSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pat had to try to contain me, but by that time the excitement was just too much.







I had a moment, when I took these pictures. A moment of inspiration from developers, artists, programmers, community folks, even marketing. I felt in my heart what they wanted me to feel. There was ultimate awesome in this zone.

The same feeling I had when I first experienced Yew as Tovin. I belonged there. I belong here. This is what my gaming has been missing for many years. I wanted that Camelot moment where one just communes with the game, and I found it.

I am seriously thinking of making Amyra take respite in Rivendell for a while. RP with the folks heading in and out, and just making her home here for a while. The home of Elrond Half-Elven has been a respite and resting place for adventurers for so long - why can't I take advantage of it? Damn it! I think I'm going back next weekend (this weekend is Disneyland - and Rivendell isn't cool enough to keep me from THAT!). I think I may stay.

Except to go visit Weatherstock! Because after years of searching for a new MMO home - I've finally found one worthy of not only Tovin, Amyra, and Tinaren, but worthy of my time and attention and the awesome people I've met in The Council of the Secret Fire! Sooth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home