Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Sunday, August 01, 2010

Back To Work!

Tomorrow I head back to work! No more time off to deal with this thing in my mouth! This week will apparently a ton of overtime to work, since DTS has been down a month and we need to catch back up. Unless something changed on Friday, that is.

I have pain management down - it still hurts, but I can bear it. When I can't, I break down, cry a bit and pick myself back up. Motrin and Orajel have made having a few minutes of peace, as well as sleeping, a reality.

Wax and constant water have helped to keep my mouth hydrated and at least somewhat protected against the brackets. The huge hole in my tongue is still there. We'll see how it goes this week!

Eating however, is a different subject. I've lost 4 pounds in 5 days, which is a little scary, but also good, I suppose.

I am hoping this week will not wear me down. That I can be supportive to my wonderful co-workers (who have all been super fantabulous during this ordeal, helpful to my customers, and upbeat and wonderful to my husband - who has done more hand holding and tear wiping this week than any husband should have to.

I am ready for the challenge, done being frustrated and upset, and ready for some serious ass kicking!

BRING IT ON!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home