Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rough Week Ahead!

Last week was rough. This week looks to be the same.

Pat is suffering from allergies which pretty much knock him out of commission. He has trouble breathing due to congestion, so he snores, tries to sleep a lot, and when he's not at work spends his time resting for the next big day. My heart breaks for him, and I wish there was something I could do!!

Whenever one of us is sick, down, busy with work, or pre-occupied it makes stuff at home harder. We cover daily chores and household duties for each other, while still trying to maintain a level of sanity and the same workload we always have. So it's tough on both of us.

I am drowning in work. So much to do, and most of it isn't stuff I can just accomplish. It's stuff that I need to research, really think about, analyze, and then act on. Considering I've got about 4 major projects at one time adding in answering phones, dealing with walk ins, and processing my regular daily duties it can become rather overwhelming!

To make it even harder, if I stick my headphones on and ignore my co-workers in an attempt to focus everyone calls me bitchy and grumpy! WTF!! I HAVE WORK TO DO! Work that requires an incredible amount of focus and attention! I can NOT focus on 4 projects, daily duties, AND how your weekend went as well as assist with what you should do with a specific work issue without some serious backlog. It's stressful. I deal with it the best I can!!

This Friday is also my orthodontic appointment. They'll be replacing wires, changing out my o-rings, and in general, making me more miserable than I already am.

Eating is difficult. I can't really chew. So I cut things up into tiny pieces and with my tongue and whichever teeth aren't super sensitive, attempt to swallow without actually pressing teeth against food. It's been an interesting adventure.

Last week super sensitivity to cold and pressure started, so soup has become an almost every meal regular. I AM SICK OF SOUP! SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only use warm or room temperature water to brush and rinse. Since water at work only comes out cold, I have to make sure I have enough drinking water to use. It's.....interesting.

I also found out last week that once my Pendulum appliance comes out, I might be stuck with a Nance appliance for the ENTIRE length of my braces. I will clarify this on Friday at my appointment, but the possibility has depressed me no end.

Finally - trying to plan trips has become impossible. I don't want to go anywhere that might offer yummy eating opportunities. Which leaves me with going no where, doing nothing, and stuck in hellish Ridgecrest. Which this weeks "State of the City" address noted "Is a small town with big town amenities".

I would like to point out that Burger King is not a big town amenity. Nor is a NON-super Wal-mart, or a K-Mart. Which is all we've got!!!!

IF ONE MORE PERSON tells me how much there is to do here VIOLENCE WILL ENSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Burroughs graduates!!! STFU! srsly.

On that note though, people who say Ridgecrest is a great place to raise kids should have CPS called on them. Ridgecrest has an incredible DUI and illegal drug use rate in both grade school, high school, and the adult population - INCLUDING base employees!!!! I believe it's because there is nothing else to do here! You want to raise your kids in that environment? GO FOR IT! I'll sit here and continue to laugh at your stupidity and will try to act shocked when you talk about what struggles your 16 year old is having with alcohol and marijuana. Legalize it! That will help! *rolls her eyes*

Anyway, here's hoping to a productive week of work, and hopefully after my 10am ortho appointment on Friday I can return to work. I am already so behind I can't imagine losing more time away from my desk. It's simply not worth it.

Happy Sunday All! Have a safe Halloween, and a wonderful kick off to the holiday season!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home