Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Friday, December 31, 2010

Why Have MMOs Changed?!

Pat and I spend a lot of time talking about this one. What has changed about the MMO genre that the games we enjoyed playing for massive hours just 4 years ago turned into games we can't seem to get into anymore?!

One main answer we agree on (and we all know that happens so often!) is that the people we play games with now are so different from those that made the games simply unforgettable. Not that the people we play with no aren't awesome - especially since Pat plays with John regularly in WOW....

Where have all my MMO friends gone? Long time passing!

But the friends we made then, the guilds we were a part of, helped found, and the social butterflies we (me) once were are no longer. Everyone has grown up, gotten kids or more involved in the kids, become serious about their jobs, relationships, and time considerations have all had a drastic impact on our gaming.

I know a few of the old EQ crew still play EQ - but I was never into raiding in that game, and I only leveling when others helped me out. Otherwise, I'd spend 90% of my time buffing levelers at the Oasis docks. Last time I checked, North Ro and the Oasis of Marr were completely empty. Just old Cazel roaming around! Yes, I kited him a few times just out of spite!

Our Infinite Void DAoC group ROCKED! We had so much fun doing Call to Actions, dungeons, leveling, Darkness Falls, and tower defense was just simply some of the best MMO gaming I've ever had.

EVE with Zitek was AWESOME! I miss you Milton! Ice, Cres, Sammy! Everyone. These people are what gaming are all about, I miss them all! When the corp started changing, the game got a lot less fun, and during the whole Deepspace crap vs production stuff happened the drama just wasn't worth it. I still hate Dino. *grumbles*

Council of the Secret Fire in LotRO are the most amazing people (Landroval) I've played with in a long time. They made me remember what it was like to be a part of these old guilds, and I adore them!!

So....how do I find these types of people now, in games like Gods and Heroes, Rift, Mythos (MYTHOS IS BACK BABY!!!!)...honestly, if I could find these types of people - this type of guild, again. I'd move to any game to play with them.

For now, I guess I'm just stuck doing the same old, moving from game to game, looking, waiting, for that HOOK! For that feel of THIS is where I belong.

Will it ever happen again?!?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home