Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Monday, June 13, 2011

Why Gods and Heroes Is Going To Be Awesome

Remember those MUDs we used to play where a guy in his garage used to do the coding after his full time job let out? How he used to stay on from 5pm to 1am coding, doing support, RPing, and just generally being an admin? Heatwave has that sort of passion about what they're doing. It's amazing.

But I promised Pat, after the heartbreak that was Warhammer Online, I'd never, ever, ever, ever, support a game on how awesome it could be, and right now, for my playstyle and MMO needs, Gods and Heroes just isn't going to cut it. It's a $50 box, and $10 a month. If it was a $20 box and $7 dollars a month I'd consider it. But it's not.

Here's my post on the official forums about it.

In the end, this is a company who has come through on what they've said they'll deliver - albeit a little roundabout. Managing expectations is certainly one of the hardest things to do, and Mr. Castoro (YAY Sunsword!!!!!!!!!!!) and his team have truly worked their butts off to present a game they are proud of that will appeal, I think, to a lot of MMOers. I wish I was one of them.

Hopefully once crafting gets implemented I can come back and see, and may re-evaluate at that time. But really, when all my friends are in an MMO I pretty much don't like - I can't see making them leave for GnH, and I don't make friends like I used to. This isn't UO/SWG/EVE - which were a lot of fun to go out and carve a name for yourself.

Until then, I wish Heatwave the very best, and the entire GnH team a hearty thank you!! This team has a lot to be proud of, and I am 100% supportive (minus the $50 and monthly fee) of what they're doing. I hope they can convince me to regret my decision of not purchasing a box and doing the headstart!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home