Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Saturday, January 14, 2012

San Diego Day 1: Thursday January 12th

I arrived in San Diego safe and sound on the 12th and headed straight to mom and dad's place.  I had worked until 11, then went home and had lunch with Pat, and finished packing. I headed out of town right a little afternoon and traffic wasn't bad at all.

I spent the evening with Mom and dad, and went over Scooter's (their dog) schedule. I scarfed the double cheeseburger I had bought at Burger King earlier that day (actually, Pat bought it for me), and didn't eat anything the rest of the day. Clearly a mistake, but I was too exhausted to eat anything and anything I had at Mom and Dad's would have caused Mom and frenzy of cleaning and I was trying to get her to just relax.

I guess we all unstress, or focus on other things differently, as mom had made enough food to feed a hungry squadron. Moms are a little obsessed with feeding people!!

I left and checked into the hotel, and pretty much crashed, after making sure WoW was patching on the laptop.

The hotel is decent. I have a kitchen with a full sized fridge, a stovetop with 2 electric burners, 2 pans, 2 plates and bowls, and a very skimpy amount of kitchen utensils. I'm glad I brought my own.

Surgery was Saturday, so I called Pat and said goodnight and then read for a bit before crashing. Of course a car alarm went off around midnight for almost 20 minutes, and then someone tromped into the hotel making all sorts of noise and waking me up again. Pat called to say goodnight somewhere between those two events, and then I woke up FREEZING sometime before 4am. So when my alarm went off at 6:30 I was exhausted.

Such is the life in a hotel I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home