Pat and Bee's Life

At the speed of crazy!


Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm on a roll baby!

So I'm on a posting roll!

I went back and looked at my archives a little bit, and I came across my Top Movies post and decided we need one for books! Right now, let's focus on Fantasy. I LOVE FANTASY BOOKS!

It doesn't have to have thee's and thou's (though it's better if it does)! It has to have chivalrous fighters, petty princesses (or heroines) and memorable characters that look and feel as if they are in the world.

So here's my top few fantasy series loves: The Belgariad and The Mallorean series by David and Leigh Eddings.

The Liveship Traders series by Robin Hobb along with her truly FANTASTIC Asassin's series

She ties these all in, without you really knowing it until the 3rd series, The Tawny Man series.

I am, and always will be in true love with these books. These characters are memorable, they create a world that is real and passionate. The story lines are believable, easy to follow and yet incredibly complicated and intertwined as the stories go. They are nothing less then magnificent works of true incredibleness!

Hey, I musta added incredibleness to my browser dictionary cause firefox isn't telling me it's spelled wrong! WOO!

Anyway - what are your fantasy recommendations? After I finish my current book, I'll need a new one!

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home